[Openvas-devel] Proposal: Rename NVT Families

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Mon May 3 11:08:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

IMHO the naming of NVT families lacks order.  Most annoying for me is:
Local Checks are spead all over the list, since tey are named like "AIX
Local Security Checks" and "Ubuntu Local Security Checks".

Further I do not understand where to find some tests. E.g. testing for
default passowrd of an embedded mysql database. Is it in the
"Microsoft", "Default Accounts" or "Database" family.

And there are some families containing only a few tests at all: most
notable "Credentials" (huh? what does this mean?) and "Finger abuse".

If others agree, I volunteer writing a change request. But I may need
help for evaluating the risks and side-effects.

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Monatliche Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/
Goebel Consult mit Mitglied bei http://www.7-it.de