[Openvas-devel] [Openvas-distro] OBS repository location changed

Stephan Kleine bitdealer at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:30:58 CEST 2010

On Friday May 21 2010 15:33:59 Stephan Kleine wrote:
> On Friday May 21 2010 13:18:31 Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
> > On 05/02/2010 09:08 AM, Stephan Kleine wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I finally made up my mind what to do with the different versions and
> > > put them in 2 different repositories. The new repository locations are
> > > bellow
> > >
> > > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/OpenVAS:/STABLE:/
> > >
> > > Please be so kind and adapt
> > >
> > > 1. http://openvas.org/openvas-server.html
> > > 2. http://openvas.org/openvas-client.html
> > >
> > > on your website (and also remove the "how to add it as a repository"
> > > part since that should be self explanatory or depends on the
> > > distribution). * Debian
> >
> > Thanks for your repository!
>
> Thanks for your feedback ;D
>
> > I have tried your Debian packages and found two bugs which makes it
> > unusable for normal user:
> >
> > * there is error in postinst script (too much "fi", I guess you forgot
> > to delete one)
>
> The postinst script of which package? (and ~ which line)
>
> > * script assumes /var path for openvas-plugins but server uses /usr
> > (i.e. openvas-nvt-sync is using different directory for updates than the
> > server)
>
> which script in which package? (and ~ which line)
>
> If you know how to do that simply send a patch since that's the easiest way
> to nail it down ;)

nvm, should be fixed now, thanks for the report.

Debian standard config now puts them in /usr/lib too which is IMHO plain wrong
since it should use something like /var/lib/... (bug is filled) but using 2
different plugin directories (/usr/lib* for the compiled, architecture
dependent stuff and /var/... for the architecture independent nvt feed) atm
isn't possible iirc. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Besides that, the website still isn't updated and points to invalid locations
/ contains outdated or superfluous information. So it would be really great if
someone could finally update it according to
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-distro/2010-May/000250.html