[Openvas-devel] Error While Compiling openvas-libraries on ArchLinux

Thomas Misilo misilot at fit.edu
Wed Apr 6 21:49:50 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Zaki Akhmad [mailto:za132 at students.itb.ac.id]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:27 AM
To: Thomas Misilo
Cc: openvas-devel at wald.intevation.org
Subject: Re: [Openvas-devel] Error While Compiling openvas-libraries on Arch Linux

----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>

> I was able to compile the libraries tar once, but now I cannot seem to
> accomplish this a second time.
>

> http://pastebin.com/he9PtDhV
>

> Is what I get for an output.
>

> I am running the following commands to build:
>

> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DLOCALSTATEDIR=/var
> -DSYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
>
> make
>
> make doc
>
> make install
>

> If you need anymore information let me know.

What operating system are you using?
Have you installed all the prerequisites?

And did the cmake . command successfully executed?
I didn't see this result at your pastebin

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/za/tools/openvas/4/openvas-libraries-4.0.3

-za,

Finally got it compiled (again).

I changed:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DLOCALSTATEDIR=/var  -DSYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DLOCALSTATEDIR=/var  -DSYSCONFDIR=/etc .

Removing the Build Type allowed it to compile correctly.

Any ideas why this would cause it?

Thanks,

Tom