[Openvas-devel] Starting "OpenVAS-5 Experimental"

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Wed Apr 13 12:33:17 CEST 2011

Hi OpenVAS developers,

trunk already contains some very nice new features going
to be part of "OpenVAS-5" one day.

OpenVAS-5 is still far away, but nonetheless it
makes sense to me to offer current state for testing beyond just
"SVN trunk".
Allthough the packages would be labeled "beta", the download
box on the website should tag it "Experimental" to avoid that
unexperienced users try it out too easily. Also, I would place
it at the end of the download box. OpenVAS-4 should be still
the main focus for most users.

Before we start it we need to revisit the discussion of the
naming scheme for beta packages so that we do not trouble
the packages. At least try to keep the trouble to a minimum.

All the best