[Openvas-devel] CR#52: Tighter integration of nmap

Henri Doreau henri.doreau at greenbone.net
Thu Apr 28 08:34:02 CEST 2011

2011/4/28 Matthew Mundell <matthew.mundell at greenbone.net>:
> I would think it would be better to provide a NASL XML interface, and to do
> the Nmap part in NASL.  This would mean less scan specific C code.  Also,
> other NASL scripts could use the XML parser.

I initially thought about it but couldn't find any proper way of doing
it, as NASL doesn't offer callback mechanisms. Maybe I am just missing
something, I am not completely confident with NASL yet. Do you have
something in mind?

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net