[Openvas-devel] mailman_password_retrieval.nasl

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Jul 4 10:56:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Freitag, 1. Juli 2011, Peter SJF Bance wrote:
> I'm not fully conversant with the NASL syntax, but I think this plugin
> has been updated in the original Nessus set - the lines concerned appear
> to be:

please keep in mind that Nessus has a propietary license. Even if the source
code is visible in parts, it is not legal to copy it simply over to some
GPLed code. At least that is my understanding without having read the
Nessus license.

That being said, for trivial changes that the OpenVAS team would do the very
same way, like extending tests to new version numbers, the changes
will be identical (or very similar) as a matter of fact.

However, a transfer of changes might be problematic in legal terms.
Please read the Nessus license (you agreed to) for details.

If anyone finds a product or product version we are missing in
OpenVAS, we appreciate notice very much!
But please never submit any source code with a proprietary license, even
not single lines.

All the best