[Openvas-devel] Fwd: Re: OpenVAS Change Request #54: Improve SSH support

Tim Brown timb at openvas.org
Wed Jun 29 04:02:08 CEST 2011

Eeek, this appeared to get lost in the ether (or at least I just got a bounce
message from my mail server about it not being sent).

Subject: Re: [Openvas-devel] OpenVAS Change Request #54: Improve SSH support
Date: Monday 06 June 2011, 23:02:37
From: Tim Brown <timb at openvas.org>
To: openvas-devel at wald.intevation.org
CC: Thomas Reinke <lists at securityspace.com>

On Monday 02 May 2011 15:44:27 Thomas Reinke wrote:
> +1
>
> Never was a fan of redeveloping the wheel.  There is no technical reason
> to support not using a robust 3rd party SSH library, and way too many
> reasons FOR it. And for at least for OpenVAS, I'm not aware of any
> business reasons either why we should stick with a proprietary client
> SSH implementation.

I have a partial libssh implementation.  It got put on the back burner as I
needed some bugs fixed in libssh but that should now have been done.  I'll
check those bugs and if they're sorted I can start to merge.  I would strongly
prefer not to use libssh2 since we still see a lot of hosts with SSH v1
support.

Tim
--
Tim Brown