[Openvas-devel] Call for vote: CR #60 (NVT directory structure)

Henri Doreau henri.doreau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:35:18 CET 2012

2012/12/12 Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net>:
> Hello,
>
> coming back to the neglected, yet important, issue of
> "Subdirectories for scripts" as discssed on the openvas-plugins mailing list
> I have transferred the discussion results into a Change Request:
>
>   http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-60.html
>
> I am calling directly for a vote because on the one hand it
> was enough time to provide feedback since the discussions in
> February/October and on the other hand, starting with January 1st 2013
> would be a very nice opportunity.
>
> Of course any comments are welcome and improvements to this
> concept appreciated.
>
> Best
>
> Jan

Hello,

I'm in favor of such a change, provided the exceptions mentioned in the CR.

I have a question though. I'm wondering whether this hierarchy should
be made visible to the scripts. In other words, which rules do we want
for include/dependencies? My opinion is that exporting a single, flat,
namespace in the scanner (actually it's not totally already) would be
better. If not, common dependencies (like toolcheck) should be kept in
the root tree and libraries (.inc) should be moved to a lib/ directory
or something.

Beside this, that's +1 for me.

Regards

--