[Openvas-devel] SVN trunk: Breaking openvas-administrator

btb btb at bitrate.net
Wed May 22 18:21:21 CEST 2013

On 2013.05.22 10.20, btb wrote:
> On 2013.05.21 12.46, Matthew Mundell wrote:
>>> i see, thanks.  so while this is still being worked out, i can't do much testing beyond just building the software?
>>
>> If you migrate from an existing install the old users will be preserved.
>> Otherwise you could insert the first user into the db by hand.
>
> i'm familiar with var/lib/openvas/users/, but i gather this is not what is meant by the db?  where can i read about inserting a user into the db by hand?

experimenting a bit with another computer running version 6, i can see with strace that maybe there is an sqlite db somewhere for this:

>strace openvasad -c 'list_users'

[...]

open("/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3

[...]

but i'm not able to see it open a file.  i only see three databases so far in my poking around:

var/lib/openvas/cert-data/cert.db
var/lib/openvas/scap-data/scap.db
var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db

but nothing that might seem to indicate a user db.