[Openvas-devel] cli not building

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at greenbone.net
Fri May 24 08:16:25 CEST 2013

* btb [23. May 2013]:
> from revision 16442
>
> >make
> ..
> /root/openvas/trunk/openvas-cli/nagios/check_omp.c:407:35: error: ‘high_oids’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
> /root/openvas/trunk/openvas-cli/nagios/check_omp.c:338:14: note: ‘high_oids’ was declared here
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> make[2]: *** [nagios/CMakeFiles/check_omp.dir/check_omp.c.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [nagios/CMakeFiles/check_omp.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> what am i doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong, but your compiler warns you about the
possible use of what it thinks are uninitialized variables.

Warnings are treated as error when building in the (default) "Debug"
build type and thus break your build process. You can change this
behaviour by adding a "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" to your cmake call.

Alternatively, you could try building with the attached patch, which
initializes the variables in question and should put you compilers mind
at ease. Please let me know if this fixes your observation.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460