[Openvas-devel] about ARG_STRUCT

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Wed Mar 25 07:56:08 CET 2015

On Dienstag, 24. März 2015, flymolon wrote:
> I'd like to know if the arglist type of ARG_STRUCT is no more in use, in openvas-7.
> I never see anywhere it's been used.

from openvas-libraries/ChangeLog:

2014-04-23  Henri Doreau <henri.doreau at gmail.com>

	* misc/arglist.h (ARG_STRUCT): Removed arglist type which is never
	assigned anywhere.

	* misc/arglist.c (arg_add_value, arg_set_value, arg_dup, arg_free_all):
	removed unused ARG_STRUCT handling cases.

We are trying to get rid of any arglist stuff which causes far more trouble
than good. In OpenVAS-8 there are even less uses, but still not fully eliminated.

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/