[Openvas-devel] Best way to contribute a patch to openvas?

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Wed Mar 25 11:27:48 CET 2015

On Dienstag, 24. März 2015, Hugh Davenport wrote:
> I've been working with openvas internally for work, and have come across
> a bug which I would like to contribute a patch for. Any ideas for the
> best way to do this?

any patches are welcome!!

If you work with a SVN checkout, then create the patch via svn like

$ svn diff > /tmp/mybugfix.patch

and send us the .patch file to this list.

If you have a tar-ball source, you need the original file and do like

$ svn diff file.c.orig file.c > /tmp/mybugfix.patch

Last resort is to send the modified file. It would help
us a lot if you indicate the version it was based on so
we have it easier to create a patch on our own.

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/