[gnessus-discuss] Discussions with SPI regarding the openvas.* domains and donations

Robert Berkowitz robert.berkowitz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 21:38:26 CET 2005

On 11/1/05, Tim Brown <timb at gnessus.org> wrote:

> * We'd like them to host the openvas.* DNS records, and potentially take
> donations
> * We're not concerned about trademarks
> * The contacts will be the DC and AC and any change will need to be signed off
> by both (see http://www.openvas.org/doku.php?id=the_team)
>
> So, question 1) Does anyone have any concerns with the above?  Usual approach,
> silence is "I'm not concerned", yes is "I support it" and no is "over my dead
> body".

Yes to the above. Although we might want to be concerned about
trademarks. It is much easier to start out enforcing one and claiming
one than having to try to retro-activley enforce one if we so choose
in the future.

> And question 2) At the moment myself and William are admins of the OpenVAS
> sourceforge.net which I guess means we're sharing the AC hat, but we do need to
> figure out who the AC and DC actually are.  Any thoughts, volunteers etc?

I would like to volunteer to be an AC. I even have one of the
developers sitting in an office next to me to smack around ;-) All
joking aside, I do have company and some personal time to devote to
the project. So would be available during regular business hours for
liasing with other companies, etc...

Regards,
 Robert