[gnessus-discuss] [nessus-discuss] SVN on Sourceforge.net

Tim Brown timb at gnessus.org
Wed Nov 2 09:40:28 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, mgrd wrote:

> All,
>
> Sourceforge accepted the OpenVAS project (pls. refer to William's mail
> of today).
>
> After discussing SVN vs. CVS and sourceforge vs. freshmeat before,
> what do you think about running SVN on sourceforge?
>
> Regarding SVN sourceforge today stated in there news letter:
> ---snip---
> Our progress on CVS performance and reliability has freed up resources
> to begin planning deployment of a long-awaited Subversion offering.
> Given the level of interest in Subversion, and my personal desire to
> avoid pummeling of my inbox, we will post periodic updates on our
> Subversion progress here:
> https://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1341005
> ---snip---
>
> cheers,
> Mirko

Having thought about this further, we will lose our ability to brand ourself to
a degree by hosting ourselves at Sourceforge.  For example, all our mail will
be on lists.sourceforge.net as opposed to lists.openvas.org and getting
Subversion on Sourceforge is by no means certain.  I'm going to look at setting
Subversion up on the current servers and see where that leads us.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Brown, GNessUs