[gnessus-discuss] Contributions (fwd)

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed Nov 2 13:23:26 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:00:44PM +0000, Tim Brown wrote:
> Thoughts on the below?  I've added them to the potential contributors
> list, but we need someone to take up liason with them.  Anyone fancy it?
> Maybe one for you Robert - time to get your hands dirty :)

I may repeat myself but I can't stress it enough: The sustainable
availability of good Plugins will decide upon the success of the
project.

Thus, I suggest to always ask any volunteering contributor whether
they are able to write plugins or can test them thoroughly.
At best, make them responsible for certain areas (eg. MS security
bulletins, PHP or any other sensible grouping of security issues).

At the end of the day it is necessary to have a number of companies
to earn money with the scanner and plugins (all as Free Software!)
so it is in their own interest to contribute their share of plugins
on a permanent basis.

Compared to this, the software development is the easiest part ;-)

Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban    : thuban.intevation.org
Intevation GmbH  : www.intevation.de       | Kolab     : www.kolab.org
FreeGIS          : www.freegis.org         | GAV       : www.grass-verein.de