[gnessus-discuss] Contributions (fwd)

Robert Berkowitz robert.berkowitz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:39:11 CET 2005

On 11/2/05, Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan at intevation.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:00:44PM +0000, Tim Brown wrote:
> > Thoughts on the below?  I've added them to the potential contributors
> > list, but we need someone to take up liason with them.  Anyone fancy it?
> > Maybe one for you Robert - time to get your hands dirty :)

I've contacted Trustlab. Will post updates to the wiki.

> I may repeat myself but I can't stress it enough: The sustainable
> availability of good Plugins will decide upon the success of the
> project.

Agreed.

> Thus, I suggest to always ask any volunteering contributor whether
> they are able to write plugins or can test them thoroughly.
> At best, make them responsible for certain areas (eg. MS security
> bulletins, PHP or any other sensible grouping of security issues).
>

>From the initial contact with people/companies willing to contribute
we have had good response so far in the form of them willing to
contribute to the plugin base.

I would reccomend us taking a look at how the bleeding snort project
accepts new signatures and perhaps model our plugin submission around
it.