[gnessus-discuss] Project Source Control Requirements

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Nov 3 11:06:54 CET 2005

William Anderson wrote:
> [snip]
>
> We also need to make a final decision on our preferred method of
> revision control - the primary candidates are Concurrent Versions System
> (CVS) and Subversion (SVN).  Our options are at present are:
>
> [snipped]
> - Remain As-is
> - Retain Host, Move to SVN
> - Move to SF (CVS)
> - Move to SF (SVN)
> - Third Party Offer (CVS/SVN)
>
> Please discuss these options or contribute further options or proposals
> on the discussion list at gnessus-discuss at gnessus.org

Tim has come up with another option on IRC for discussion and possible
selection via consensus.

- Remain As-is, Migrate Later
  Continue using CVS hosted at Nth Dimension; plan and implement
  switch to SVN before the end of the year

  Pros: no extra immediate work required; debian developer already
        using tree; allows time to properly plan and perform migration
        to subversion; defrays admin resource and allows other
        services to be brought up / rebadged in interim, i.e.
        website, lists, etc.
  Cons: not all team members wish to work with CVS; continued cost
        to Nth Dimension

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has