[openvas-discuss] Whilst I'm away

Marc Haber mh+openvas-discuss at zugschlus.de
Tue Nov 22 15:15:52 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:17:55PM +0000, Tim Brown wrote:
> 3) The current code in gnessus-plugins may be hobbled - I believe some
> critical files were not GPLd and have been removed?  What were they and
> can we replace them, either with older versions from before their license
> changed or with our own code?

For example, plugin 10180, "ping the remote host" is at least not
present in Debian's current nessus-plugins package, which makes
scanning of network ranges _painfully_ slow since every IP address is
fully scanned even if there's no host available.

> 4) How are we going to manage bugs, RFEs etc?

both sourgeforge and alioth have tracker applications, there is
bugzilla and one could even have a local installation of debbugs, the
software running Debian's BTS.

Greetings
Marc