[openvas-discuss] SPI Project Description

Robert Berkowitz robert.berkowitz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 20:14:34 CET 2005

We need to get a project description over to SPI ASAP. It should be in the
form of others at the site: http://www.spi-inc.org/projects/

Here is what I have come up with so far. If anyone would like to contribute,
make changes etc... please let me know. Otherwise this is what we will have
(I would like a little more though):

"OpenVAS (OpenSource Vulnerability Assesment Scanner) is a GPL fork of the
Nessus security scanner originally created by Tenable. OpenVAS provides a
freely distributable scanning engine as well as plugins."