[openvas-discuss] [gnessus-discuss] Project Source Control Requirements

Tim Brown timb at openvas.org
Wed Nov 23 03:47:54 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 14:03, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:06:54AM +0000, William Anderson wrote:
> > Tim has come up with another option on IRC for discussion and possible
> > selection via consensus.
> >
> > - Remain As-is, Migrate Later
> >   Continue using CVS hosted at Nth Dimension; plan and implement
> >   switch to SVN before the end of the year
>
> One target of possible migration could be alioth.debian.org, Debian's
> official installation of Gforge. It has svn available now, and offers
> access for people who are not Debian developers as well.
>
> I am a Debian developer, have kind of experience with Alioth, have
> migrated a number of CVS repositories to SVN in the past and would be
> willing to help here.
>
> Is Javier, Debian's maintainer of the nessus packages, on this list?

This is certainly a possiblity, Javier does have access to my CVS tree but it
would make sense to use alioth given our ties to SPI and the number of Debian
folk lurking around here.  My only concern, will other distros be happy to
work with something that may then be seen as a Debian project?  As for
Javier, he has subscriptions pending from the 22nd on discuss and
development.

Cheers,
Tim
--