[openvas-discuss] Future enhancements: plugins in perl??

oxdeadbeef <oxdeadbeef@pit-of-despair.com> oxdeadbeef at pit-of-despair.com
Wed Nov 23 07:14:05 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Alan Shimel wrote:

> My vote would be python.  We have played with a lot of stuff and have found
> it to be much more efficient than NASL

I like python too. It just does not have the ample amount of extentions
that perl could bring to the table. I can forsee direct access to
metasploit and libwhisker with it. It is here not there ATM ;)

We are not even at that stage yet. I think we need to worry about code
review (maybe to see if we can break the inter package dependancies), how
we are going to handle patches that tenable makes, how to
manage plugin contributions cleanly, etc.etc.

It would be nice to maybe just shoot out a list of
ideas/enhancements/annoyances too, just to get something on the plate for
people to look at.

Also, I dont thing it would be a nasl replacement since we want to
still run tenable plugins. So it would run in conjuction with NASL I
believe at first, unless we make a nasl parser which is not that hard.

 			--jason