[openvas-discuss] Future enhancements: plugins in perl??

Barrie Dempster barrie at reboot-robot.net
Wed Nov 23 15:46:07 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 09:38 -0500, Brian Weaver wrote:
> This thread has all the necessary trappings for becoming a flame war,
> yet it didn't. I'm impressed.
>
> Instead of focusing on replacing NASL with language X, it might be
> better to work on a framework that would allow language X, Y, and Z to
> co-exists with NASL.

Making all of these optional, so you can build without them. Obviously
you'd want at least one but it would be nice if we could ensure that
those who just want to use NASL don't have to have perl/python/etc..
installed.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3