[openvas-discuss] Future enhancements: plugins in perl??

Michael Boman michael.boman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:47:49 CET 2005

On 11/23/05, oxdeadbeef <oxdeadbeef at pit-of-despair.com>
<oxdeadbeef at pit-of-despair.com> wrote:
> I like python too. It just does not have the ample amount of extentions
> that perl could bring to the table. I can forsee direct access to
> metasploit and libwhisker with it. It is here not there ATM ;)

Metasploit Framework 3.x will be written in Ruby... Personally I just
picked Ruby up, but it seems like a pretty decent language. I nothing
against perl either, except that when developers are trying to be
clever the code can very quickly become hard to impossible to read
(perl is also known as a write-only language).

My biggest issue with the plugins at the moment is formating: At the
moment the plugin output has line breaks where-ever the developer want
it, not necessary where it is required. The plugins also has no clear
Vulnerability, Impact and Solution section (which is labeled as such),
and the static plugin output should be seperated from the dynamic
output (server banners etc).

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--