[openvas-discuss] Future enhancements: plugins in perl??

Marcin Antkiewicz marcin at talisien.net
Sun Nov 27 09:47:59 CET 2005

>> Instead of focusing on replacing NASL with language X, it might be
>> better to work on a framework that would allow language X, Y, and Z to
>> co-exists with NASL.
>
>Making all of these optional, so you can build without them. Obviously
>you'd want at least one but it would be nice if we could ensure that
>those who just want to use NASL don't have to have perl/python/etc..
>installed.

Hello to the list, first time poster here.

Why not implement this as modules, with NASL being a default one?
I don't care in what language a plugin was written, as long as that
language, or it's libraries, are in some way best suited to write correct
information into the knowledge base.

_I_ would like to have the ability to run plugins written in NASL, perl,
python and bash. Yes, I can shoot myslef in the foot if I run untrusted
bash plugin, but that will be my very own fault. At the same time it will
allow for more plugins to be written, most of which will be usefull.

Wow! 2:40am.

That's just my 0.02c.

--
Marcin