[openvas-discuss] OpenVAS DevCon 1 write up

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Apr 7 12:09:47 CEST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 23:36, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> My concern is that if code is duplicated (i.e. there is an 'openvas-libnasl'
> and a 'nessus-libnasl' package or tar distributions) then bugs are duplicated
> too. Bugs need to be fixed twice (you have two libraries) even though you
> could just do it once and benefit both users running Nessus or OpenVAS.
> If there is really no technical reason to fork the libraries, please don't do
> it.

perhaps you have overlooked my other emails, so once again:
There is no plan to procede with openvas-libnals or openvas-libraries
for the time being. Instead the nessus packages will be used.
What you suggest is completely in line with the plan.

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban    : thuban.intevation.org