[openvas-discuss] OpenVAS DevCon 1 write up

Tim Brown timb at openvas.org
Fri Apr 7 12:29:46 CEST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 10:58, William Anderson wrote:
> Neil McGovern wrote:
> > I'd prefer not. In fact, all the debian/ directories will be
> > dissapearing soon too. IMO, upstream should be distro agnostic.
>
> so we're going to rely on downstreams to provide distro-specific
> packages?  not saying that's a bad thing :)  Just so I understand you
> tho, when you were talking about a maintenance team, was this with a
> Debian hat on?

I'd be inclinded to agree, we already have people here working on the Gentoo
ebuild for example, that will then be submitted to Gentoo for inclusion.  Let
the distributions do what they do best.  Not sure how we get into the
commercial distros such as SuSE and RedHat though.  Thoughts?

Tim
--
Tim Brown, OpenVAS
<mailto:timb at openvas.org>