[Openvas-discuss] NASL scripts to retrieve Windows registry information?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Dec 6 00:46:03 CET 2007

Hello,

seems like the base NASL script to retrieve Windows registry (and possible
other information) as a base for other tests (local secerity checks among
others) is not released as Free Software.

Does anyone know how complex it will be to rewrite such a script?
(I am not really a Windows expert).

I found various GPLed scripts that use some Registry information
form the knowlege base. Reactivating these would be helpful.
Also we could then develop scripts for the MS patch days.

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH