[Openvas-discuss] Debian openvas-client package

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Sat Dec 29 23:49:09 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 09:57:36PM +0000, Tim Brown wrote:
> All,
>
> I have updated the packaging/debian directory of openvas-client to make
> OpenVAS client build in compliance with Debian policy and to (hopefully)
> ensure that when JFS and I submit the new package to Debian that it is
> accepted.  Changed made include:

I have made even more changes. Specially to the copyright information, which
was still incomplete and did not acknowledge the issues brought up by
ftpmasters.

Jan, you might want to take a look into the information in there to maybe
improve what's in COPYING.README (which I've also changed in SVN, but just to
remove the typos)

> packaging/debian/openvas-client.menu: Updated in line with Debian Menu
> sub-policy
> packaging/debian: Incorporates the fixes to use libgdchart-gd2-noxpm-dev
> Makefile: Removed man8 from make install

It seems this directory was still getting created so I modified the rules
file to remove it outright.

> packaging/debian/control: Depends on dpatch
>
> I made these changes in TRUNK and then overlayed them on the existing 1.0.2
> release which I have submitted to mentors.debian.net for JFS.

And I have just uploaded to Debian's queue.

Happy new year!

Javier