[Openvas-discuss] Debian packages

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Oct 15 11:49:43 CEST 2007

On Montag, 15. Oktober 2007, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> 2007/10/15, Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de>:
> > On Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2007, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > I've seen the upload note, but it hasn't arrived in the packages.debian.org
> >overview yet.
>
> NEW processing takes a while, so give it a few weeks before it shows
> up there (if everything goes well).

OK.

How about starting this process with openvas-libraries?
openvas-libnasl is ready, too.
-server and -plugins could follow quickly.

For openvas-libraries, there should be not much difference
compared to nessus-libraries except for openssl -> gnutls.

For openvas-libnasl there is the new dependency to gpgme.

The reason why I hope for a quick take up into Debian is
that I like to have DSAs as the initial support of OpenVAS NVT
feed. Thus it does make a lot sense to have OpenVAS be
a Debian package, doesn't it ;-)

> > As soon as it is available I will give it a try and see about the patches to take
> > over in the SVN version.
>
> I think most the patches are only relevant for the Debian build and
> contents (i.e. debian/ subdir), the patches which did apply to the
> main build where already included (by you)

I'll go through the diff anyway ;-)