[Openvas-discuss] Debian packages

Tim Brown timb at nth-dimension.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 23:27:08 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 10:49:43 Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> OK.
>
> How about starting this process with openvas-libraries?
> openvas-libnasl is ready, too.
> -server and -plugins could follow quickly.
>
> For openvas-libraries, there should be not much difference
> compared to nessus-libraries except for openssl -> gnutls.

Jan,

The more we can take upstream the better although obviously any patches that
need direct incorporation into my Debian packages will be assimilated as it
were.  As for the rest of OpenVAS, the only limitation is testing time.  I'm
happy that openvas-libraries works, so once I've made a few changes to
satisfy Debian policy (which, rightly, is strict) it should be ready to go.

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb at nth-dimension.org.uk>