[Openvas-discuss] Bug #645 (was: OpenVAS client attempts to open display)

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Fri Jul 4 08:18:28 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2008 19:45:46 schrieb iaf at iaf.ca:
> I built OpenVAS-Client 1.0.4 using 'configure --disable-gtk' and I can now
> run it in batch mode without having to start X or set a DISPLAY variable.

Glad to hear that.

> It looks like some display initialisation code may get called even when
> 'quiet' (batch) mode is specified.

Indeed, I just tried running OpenVAS-Client without DISPLAY set in quiet mode
and I get the same result. I opened a bug report on your behalf
(http://bugs.openvas.org/645), I'll try to look into that later today.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Wiegand                                   OpenPGP key: D7D049EC
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück                    http://www.intevation.de/