[Openvas-discuss] idea: Contest 'Best advances for OpenVAS Network Vulnerability Tests'

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Jul 17 23:45:46 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008 07:31:32 schrieb Tim Brown:
> On Thursday 26 June 2008 14:51:08 Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > how about arranging a Contest 'Best advances for OpenVAS Network
> > Vulnerability Tests' in order to make OpenVAS more known, get people to
> > look on how to implement further NVTs or in other ways implement ideas to
> > improve OpenVAS?
>
> I'm game, I'll throw in the 100 euro prize personally.

Great!

> I suspect we need
> to get details up on the web site and announce it on the various security
> forums.

I'd be glad if anyone can take care of this as I am really short of time
next 10 days.
What needs to be done is shift dates, improve text, update amounts
and contributors and then get the web page online as well as prominently
linked from the homepage. Then send it to the security forums or whereever
it fits.

> Are we considering your email a formal announcement of intent?

You mean the Euro amount for such a prize? Yes, sure!
I now count a total of 1000 Euro already (Intevation/DN-Systems/T.Brown) :-)