[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS Vmware appliance

Patrick Hornung phornung at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:37:41 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to the discussion list, and I'm interested in using OpenVAS to
create an entirely GPL vmware appliance for security scanning (which of
course I'll supply to the community).  I'm planning on building a web
interface to initiate the scans, and I'm wondering if there's a command-line
interface available for OpenVAS.  I've been looking for a few days and I've
seen a project called reason a few years back that wwould do this, but
nothing currently seems to be available.
http://reason.sourceforge.netdoesn't exist.  If someone still has a
copy and it's still redistributable,
can you email it to me?

Also, I created an OpenVAS server on a very bare install of fedora 9 in
vmware, but my scans only seem to do port scans and it never makes it to the
vulnerability scan part.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

-Patrick