[Openvas-discuss] XML problems in OpenVAS-Server 2.0.0 version

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Fri Oct 17 11:29:49 CEST 2008

[Friday 17 October 2008 - 10:25:19] "Jean-Christophe FORTON"
<jcf at ubiqube.com>:
> 1.	The XML reports in version 2.0 of the OpenVAS server is
> apparently bugged :
>

> [root at localhost ~]#OpenVAS-Client -T xml -x -q 127.0.0.1 1241 jcf
> ubiqube /opt/target /var/www/html/scan/localhost.xml
> 'severity' - bad query type
> 'severity' - bad query type
>
> This error leads to a quite empty report... ; -(

Thank you for your feedback und for helping us testing the beta release. I
have a pretty good idea as to what might cause this, I'll look into it.

> 2.	If I start making parser with version 1.0.2 of OpenVAS server,
> will the XML generated will be the same or will I have to modify my
> parsers?

There are a few changes in 2.0, most notable the switch to the OID-based
scheme for the NVT-IDs and the availability of NVT signature IDs in the
client. The XML will stay roughly the same, but you will have to make sure
your parser can handle OIDs and you might want to update parser if you want
to use the signature IDs.

Regards,

  Michael

--