[Openvas-discuss] Problem in Debian

Jonas Andradas jonas at andradas.es
Wed Oct 22 10:50:56 CEST 2008

Hello Ali,

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Ali Moreno <
alimoreno at linktechnologies.com.ve> wrote:

> Hi everybody, first excuse my bad english.

[snip]

> the client
>
> # apt-get install openvas-client
>
> but i cant find the openvas-adduser command, the only openvas-commands
> that are in my systems are openvas-client and openvasclient-mkcert.
>
> Then i cant connect my client to my server :S
>
> Any help?
> --
> Ali R. Moreno Terán
> Director de Proyectos
> Link Technologies - http://www.linktechnologies.com.ve
>
> Móvil: +58-414-144-24-44
> Email: alimoreno at linktechnologies.com.ve
> Messenger: ali.mt at cantv.net
> Skype: ali.moreno

You have installed the Client, but seem to be missing the server.  The
openvas-adduser command is found on the server package, which currently is
not available as a Debian package, and thus it must be compiled by you.  If
you already have a server somewhere else, you have to run the
openvas-adduser command on that computer.

Best Regards,

Jonás Andradas.