[Openvas-discuss] Web based Reporter tool

Tim Mehmet tim at funkydog.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 22:11:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have created a simple web based solution for presenting scans jobs.
Its all done in PHP and it reads scan jobs exported into the xml format.

I just wanted to share it with you guys, I dont know if anyone has
anything similar or not. I created it to share nessus scans in an
intranet server for various groups.

Anyway, please check it out, feel free to comment, its completely free,
I dont want anything at all, I just hope people find it useful,  all
scripts included in download. I have'nt tested it much other than on my
systems so there may well be bugs or issues!.

Demo here; http://www.hackerstorm.co.uk/openvas/openvas-index.php
my website and download here: http://www.hackerstorm.com

I'm not planning to take these scripts any further, though I am thinking
of doing something with MySQL, something a bit more powerful than static
files!.

Has this been done already?

Perhaps something with 'flash' DashBoards with various summaries,
historical charts, grouping scan jobs into platforms, services,
departments etc. In particular, I want to create a realtime chart for
regular scans. I perform multiple scans some 4-8 times per day and
create alerts when something is found on my private systems from
internet scans. I do this with commercial tools already but I would like
something opensource for sure.

Would be happy for feedback on this also. Please note, I dont want to do
anything for Nessus, it will be just OpenVas if I do.

Regards
Tim.

http://www.hackerstorm.com