[Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Thu Oct 1 17:01:07 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009, Michiel van Es wrote:
> First of all I would like to say thank you for such a nice open source
> and free alternative for Nessus.

thanks!

> I am using OpenVAS with the OpenVAS-client to scan my networks but are
> there any tools like Inprotect to manage these scans?
> I see Autonessus but is there also a tool which can create pie charts or
>  pdf's.
> The html is very very nice but I want to create a report over the last
> month, year etc and pie charts and some nice graps help convincing my
> management ;)

Many OpenVAS users dump the results into a database and create their
own reporting mechanism based on this.

Greenbone is currently working on the "Greenbone Security Assistant" (gsa)
which should support in this direction as a web front end.
However, the backend for this is openvas-manager.

All the best