[Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Thu Oct 1 17:11:30 CEST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions
From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net>
To: openvas-discuss at wald.intevation.org
<openvas-discuss at wald.intevation.org>
Date: 10/01/2009 05:01 PM

> Hello,
>
> On Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009, Michiel van Es wrote:
>> First of all I would like to say thank you for such a nice open source
>> and free alternative for Nessus.
>
> thanks!

:)

>> I am using OpenVAS with the OpenVAS-client to scan my networks but are
>> there any tools like Inprotect to manage these scans?
>> I see Autonessus but is there also a tool which can create pie charts or
>>  pdf's.
>> The html is very very nice but I want to create a report over the last
>> month, year etc and pie charts and some nice graps help convincing my
>> management ;)
>
> Many OpenVAS users dump the results into a database and create their
> own reporting mechanism based on this.

Hmm would be nice if users share it with the community (so OpenVAS can
grow bigger and have more potential).

> Greenbone is currently working on the "Greenbone Security Assistant" (gsa)
> which should support in this direction as a web front end.
> However, the backend for this is openvas-manager.

Greenbone is a paid solution right? If so I can also pay a Nessus
professional feed license and use Nessus with Inprotect.
I am looking for a free as in free beer solution :)
Sorry but my company is on a low budget that is why I am looking for
free beer alternatives ;)

> All the best

Regards,

Michiel