[Openvas-discuss] How to resolve dependencies for W32.Sasser.Worm.nasl?

Felix Wolfsteller felix.wolfsteller at intevation.de
Fri Oct 2 09:20:39 CEST 2009

Hi Ian

On Thursday 01 October 2009 22:07:47 Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > senali:~# /etc/init.d/openvas-server start
> > W32.Sasser.Worm.nasl could not be added to the cache and is likely to
> > stay invisible to the client.
> > openvasd.
> > senali:~#
> >
> > Any help appreciated,

"W32.Sasser.Worm.nasl" is superseded by "smb_virii.nasl" and was invalidated
for that reason (there is no way anymore to execute it).
You can savely remove it from your plugin directory and the message should be
gone.

I think it is not shipped with the NVT Feed anymore, but the script to sync
with the feed can only update scripts (in contrast to deleting them).

Enjoy
  -- felix

--
Felix Wolfsteller |  ++49 541 335083-783  |  http://www.intevation.de/