[Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions

Michael Meyer michael.meyer at intevation.de
Wed Oct 21 17:57:29 CEST 2009

Hello,

*** Michiel van Es <michiele at info.nl> wrote:
> From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net>

> > OpenVAS-Client has options to create sql.
> > Try
> > OpneVAS-Client --help
> > for more and watch out for option "--sqlize-output".
> >
> > Haven't tested this feature myself though.
>
> I tried it but I can not get the results in sql format?!
> I ran it like:
> OpenVAS-Client -q 127.0.0.1 9390 admin geheim007
> /root/scripts/audits/networks/bcm.txt -p -P -S bcm_results.sql

,---[ OpenVAS-Client --help ]
| -p, --list-plugins    Obtain list of plugins installed on the server
| -P, --list-prefs      Obtain list of server and plugin preferences
|
| [...]
|
| -S, --sqlize-output   Issue SQL output for -p and -P (experimental)
`---|

As you can see '-S' is only valid for '-p' and/or '-P'.

> But I don't get an .sql file..maybe I use it the wrong way?

You can use '-T xml', parse the XML-Report e.g. with perl and *then*
store the results in your database.

http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm

Maybe worth a look...

http://search.cpan.org/~dkyger/Parse-Nessus-NBE-1.1/NBE.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~rbow/Parse-Nessus-XML-1.14/lib/Parse/Nessus/XML.pm

Micha

--
Michael Meyer                                         OpenPGP Key: 76E050B9
http://www.intevation.de