[Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Wed Oct 21 18:03:51 CEST 2009

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Openvas-discuss] Some OpenVAS questions
From: Michael Meyer <michael.meyer at intevation.de>
To: openvas-discuss at wald.intevation.org
<openvas-discuss at wald.intevation.org>
Date: 10/21/2009 05:57 PM

> Hello,

Hi,

> *** Michiel van Es <michiele at info.nl> wrote:
>> From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net>
>
>>> OpenVAS-Client has options to create sql.
>>> Try
>>> OpneVAS-Client --help
>>> for more and watch out for option "--sqlize-output".
>>>
>>> Haven't tested this feature myself though.
>> I tried it but I can not get the results in sql format?!
>> I ran it like:
>> OpenVAS-Client -q 127.0.0.1 9390 admin geheim007
>> /root/scripts/audits/networks/bcm.txt -p -P -S bcm_results.sql
>
> ,---[ OpenVAS-Client --help ]
> | -p, --list-plugins    Obtain list of plugins installed on the server
> | -P, --list-prefs      Obtain list of server and plugin preferences
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | -S, --sqlize-output   Issue SQL output for -p and -P (experimental)
> `---|
>
> As you can see '-S' is only valid for '-p' and/or '-P'.

I see  but Iuse them both as you can see..

>> But I don't get an .sql file..maybe I use it the wrong way?
>
> You can use '-T xml', parse the XML-Report e.g. with perl and *then*
> store the results in your database.

I tried it with:
OpenVAS-Client -q 127.0.0.1 9390 admin geheim007
/root/scripts/audits/networks/bcm.txt -p -P -S -T xml bcm_results.xml

But got no bcm_results.xml :(
Only ouput to screen

> http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm
>
> Maybe worth a look...
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dkyger/Parse-Nessus-NBE-1.1/NBE.pm
> http://search.cpan.org/~rbow/Parse-Nessus-XML-1.14/lib/Parse/Nessus/XML.pm

Thanks, I will certainly make something out of the xml file :)

> Micha

Michiel