[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS and Nikto

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Wed Oct 28 11:52:34 CET 2009

I've seen similar behavior in the past.  I believe, but have not
verified, that the nikto wrapper is not properly detecting https ports are
open in certain conditions.  Does your scan involve https rather than
just http?

-geoff

 Geoff Galitz
 Blankenheim, Germany
 http://www.galitz.org

 On Wed 28/10/09 11:40 , "Angelo Compagnucci" angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
sent:
  Hello list,

 I'm having a trouble using OpenVAS and Nikto.

 If I run nikto manually, It returns some results ( Example Joomla
 My_eGallery installed) which are true.

 But when It runs from OpenVAS this results are not displayed in the
 final report.

 I'm sure that Nikto was running from OpenVAS because I followed
 interactively OpenVAS spawning processes from htop.

 Thanks in advance!