[Openvas-discuss] RSYNC Hanging Problem

Michael Meyer michael.meyer at intevation.de
Fri Oct 30 09:36:29 CET 2009

*** Jason Steele <mrpilot at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working on setting up OpenVAS 2.0.3 (I think that's the one
> that version that comes as a Debian package) on a Debian 5.0 (Lenny)
> server. Whenever I try to RSYNC with the NVT feed, it goes along fine
> until it comes to:
>
>   tomcat_server_default_files.nasl.asc
>            197  100%  1.69kb/s  0:00:00  (xfer#29109, to-check=744/29854)
>
> At that point, the RSYNC just hangs and does nothing further. If I do
> a CTRL+C and kill it, then re-run the script, it just sits there with
> no output. The only way I can get it to run again is to fully delete
> the contents of the /var/lib/openvas/plugins directory. It will then
> run again but die at the same point.

Strange. No idea why this happened. Have a look at

http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-devel/2009-October/001875.html
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-devel/2009-October/001876.html

Micha

--
Michael Meyer                                         OpenPGP Key: 76E050B9
http://www.intevation.de