[Openvas-discuss] Missleading messages about opened SSH-Port (22)

Ewgenij Zharovsky ewgenijjeck at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 11 12:38:17 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this list. I did some security scans with OpenVAS for my employer and ran into the following problem:
OpenVAS reports the SSH port (22) to be opened almost on every run. Even in a run over a range of IPs, it gives me an opened SSH port for ips where actually no machine is running. As well as for machines, where the 22nd port is blocked by the firewall... My question is, is this a bug or a feature and if there is a possibility to determine _reliably_ if the SSH port is opened or closed on a certain machine. And if it is possible, then what configuration shall I try for the OpenVAS?
Thanks in advance,
Evgeniy