[Openvas-discuss] [Openvas-distro-deb] installation for debian etch failed

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Mon Sep 14 08:32:00 CEST 2009

* Narkissos Goldmund [10. Sep 2009]:
> Thank's for the advise! Since installation for lenny or etch seems to
> require anyway partially compilation according to
> http://www.openvas.org/openvas-server.html, I decided to try compiling
> everything.

Be aware that the description on the OpenVAS website is somewhat
outdated. For lenny, you can use the Debian Backports repository as
described on the website. The only module missing is openvas-plugins,
which is available from the OpenSuSE build service, for example:
http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=Debian%3A5.0&p=1&q=openvas-plugins

> I started with openvas-libraries.
> ./configure stopped at:
> configure: error: "glib >= 2.6.0 not found"
>
> I looked with "dpkg -l | grep ^i|grep glib", and found:
> ii  libavahi-glib1                    0.6.16-3etch2
> Avahi glib integration library
> ii  libdbus-glib-1-2                  0.71-3
> simple interprocess messaging system (GLib-b
> ii  libglib-perl                      1.140-1
> Perl interface to the GLib and GObject libra
> ii  libglib2.0-0                      2.12.4-2+etch1
> The GLib library of C routines
> ii  libglibmm-2.4-1c2a                2.12.0-1
> C++ wrapper for the GLib toolkit (shared lib
> ii  libnm-glib0                       0.6.4-6
> network management framework (GLib shared li
> ii  libpoppler0c2-glib                0.4.5-5.1etch3
> PDF rendering library (GLib-based shared lib
>
> I looked again with "dpkg --status libglib2.0-0", and found:
> Version: 2.12.4-2+etch1

Please be aware that you need the development libraries for compiling.
In your case, "apt-get install libglib2.0-dev" will install the
necessary package.

Please keep further discussion on openvas-discuss, there are more people
on that list who might be able to help you.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand | OpenPGP: D7D049EC | Intevation GmbH - www.intevation.de
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany   |    AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998