[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS Scanner 3.1.0

Felix Wolfsteller felix.wolfsteller at greenbone.net
Wed Aug 4 09:45:14 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 09:37:14 Felix Wolfsteller wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2010 19:33:46 Matthew Coene wrote:
> > Ran into another little problem, even though I managed to sort of work
> > around it...
> >
> > Seems there were two header files being called with the same
> > declaration/definition.
> > (Embedded image moved to file: pic19779.gif)
> >
> > If I tried to change the contents
> > of /usr/local/include/openvas/base/pidfile.h
> >
> > I ended up with significantly more ongoing problems...  So I actually got
> > it to work by commenting out the line with the same variable or whatever
> > in
> >
> > /usr/include/libutil.h
> >
> > At this point, OpenVAS Scanner 3.1.0 actually compiled and installed
> > fine.. I have since returned the original /usr/include/libutil.h to its
> > original form...
> >
> > The question now is... Despite the fact the scanner is compiled and
> > installed, will it cause any issues going forward for the fact I took a
> > dirty workaround ???
>
> Not as far as I understand, because you linked against the "right" object.
> However, I am not sure whether we need that include (not even on BSDs).
>
> Attached a patch, that should remove the inclusion of libutil.h.
> Please apply, regenerate configure (`autoconf`) and recompile to confirm
> that openvas-scanner does not depend on libutil.h .

Read "reconfigure and recompile".
While you are at it, you can also remove the line stating "#undef
HAVE_LIBUTIL_H" from openvas-scanner/includes/config.h.in (before
reconfiguring).

-- felix

--
Felix Wolfsteller |  ++49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück