[Openvas-discuss] Connect via GSA-Desktop + Question on Scan Configs

Matthew Coene mcoene at Bacardi.com
Wed Aug 4 19:21:22 CEST 2010

Hello Everyone,

I think I have just about everything working... excellent work all...

With the exception of a fantastic # of sql_x: sqlite3_step finished too
soon and "Gave up trying to gnutls_bye"

messages, everything seems in working order...

My next bit of wishlist is that taking an initial poke around, it sounds
like it might be possible to compile "GSA Desktop" on Windows using the
mingw compiler...

Any thoughts, or are there already plans in the works???  Anyone who can
offer some high level guidance or sage advice?...  I don't want to miss out
on the learning experience, or even having my hopes dashed, having someone
just do it.. Yet I can say I have no idea about the necessary windows
libraries, compile environment, specific requirements, etc...

Also... When logged into GSA Desktop I've noticed that I can create a new
Scan config that either includes everything and trends, or is empty and
static, but it isn't currently allowing me to modify the
plugin/nasl/toolset to customize or eliminate the useless selections
thereby speeding up the scans...??

Is this currently a limitation awaiting future implementation or might I
have some issue with something I've done??

Regards,

Matt