[Openvas-discuss] Problem with Authentication of the OV Manager at the Scanner

birkel at fh-brandenburg.de birkel at fh-brandenburg.de
Sun Aug 8 16:14:14 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

i tried to discuss my issue in the chat this morning. unfortunely its
sunday and noone is online - so i decided to give the maillist a try :)
i just copy my text from the chat right in here - thanks in advanced
for your reply!

i have problems setting up the manager on ubuntu server 10.04

i used the command "openvas-mkcert-client -n om -i" to create the user
for the manager

the scanner is running fine

i updated the scanner from the nvt feet and rebuilded the db of the manager

if i start the manager with the start script /etc/init.d/openvas-manager

i get an ERROR

in the openvasmd.log i found the entry

Authentication configuration could not be loaded

has anybody an idea?

none the less the manager seems to be running

with netstat i see it listening on port 9390

i tried to communicate with the manager over omp

via the command 'omp -v --pretty-print --xml="<get_status/>"'

but i get this back:

<omp_response status="400" status_text="Bogus command name"></omp_response>

but im sure that worked on the boss live cd

the manager logs the following line

md omp:MESSAGE:2010-08-08 09h30.32 utc:1494: Failed to parse client XML: Error

ok, i see - in version 1.0 of the omp there is no command GET_STATUS

so it seems there is a problem authemticate the openvas manager at the scanner