[Openvas-discuss] Problem with Authentication of the OV Manager at the Scanner

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at greenbone.net
Mon Aug 9 08:40:49 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 8. August 2010 17:50:56 schrieb birkel at fh-brandenburg.de:
> the communication over omp with the manager works.
> my problem still the communication between the manager and the scanner.
> when i start the manager i get an error and the log shows a
> authentification failure. i used the gsa to create a task, but i
> couldn't start it.
>
> by the way - is it necessary to install the openvas administrator, if
> i want to use the full greenbone security agent?

At a glance, I think you have not yet created any users beside the
internal "om" user. Is this correct?

You do indeed need to create a "normal" user to use the manager;
openvas-administrator is the recommended tool for this, especially if you
want to have the full gsa setup.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460