[Openvas-discuss] Nmap NSE scripts now accesible via OpenVAS NVT Feed

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Wed Aug 11 21:46:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

since yesterday we now have two sample NSE wrapper scripts
in the OpenVAS NVT Feed. These require Nmap 5.21 to be present and need
to be activated (they are off by default).
The wrappers are collected in the new family "Nmap NSE".

For those who use OpenVAS Manager they can import a scan configuration
that only will run a Nmap port scan and then the "Nmap NSE" family:
http://www.greenbone.net/download/nmap-nse.xml

The Nmap team was of great help to get this done right.

We will now continue to test and to wrap more of the NSE's ...

Let us know if anything is not as it should be.

All the best